You searched for: first spin
Even in this new age of muscle cars, it’s still surprising that one of the quickest and fastest of them is a 4-door sedan. And that the 4-door sedan in question costs just $70,000.
But that’s the story behind the Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat.
Seems that Lincoln – once synonymous with luxury cars – is putting lots more focus on its luxury crossovers.
Lincoln has been completely redesigning its slate of SUVs of late, starting with the all-new full-size Navigator for 2018, followed by an update of the midsize MKX that was renamed Nautilus for 2019. Next came the midsize, 3-row Aviator – the subject of this report – which just went on sale as a 2020 model, soon to be joined by the new 2020 Corsair (based on the redesigned 2020 Ford Escape), which is the replacement for the compact MKC.
Got all that?
There’s a lot new in the redesigned 2020 GMC Sierra Heavy Duty pickups, but five things stand out:
- Maximum towing capacity of the 1-ton 3500 has been raised an astounding 52 percent to an equally astounding 35,500 lbs.
- For those who tow – and GMC says 93% of heavy-duty pickup buyers do – the Sierra offers up to 15 different camera views, including remote cameras that can “see” inside of and behind the trailer.
- Buyers opting for the 6.6-liter Duramax turbodiesel engine – which most do – will find it’s now mated to an Allison 10-speed automatic transmission.
- All models are available with GMC’s exclusive MultiPro tailgate.
- Newly available is a large, multi-color head-up display, along with a rearview camera that can project its image into the rearview mirror (which keeps things like rear-seat passengers or tall cargo in the bed from blocking your view straight back).
Okay, maybe that’s six things. And yet there’s still more.
Since its introduction for 2007, the Nissan Versa’s claim to fame has been that it was often the least expensive new vehicle on the market. So the biggest question going into the preview for the redesigned 2020 model in Nashville was, “Will it remain so?”
It’s probably not a stretch to say that the Outback is what put Subaru on the map. Introduced for 1995 as an SUV-flavored trim level of the Legacy wagon, it was soon upgraded to its own model, and sales have seen a steady climb since. Today – as for many years – it is Subaru’s best-selling vehicle.
For 2020, Subaru ushers in the sixth generation of the Outback. With it comes greater rear-seat and cargo room, some new features, and the return of a turbocharged engine. Also added is a new Onyx trim level that carries black wheels and trim along with special StarTex water-repellent upholstery.
When Hyundai says the new midsize, 8-passenger Palisade is aimed at families … they really put their money where their mouth is.
‘What took you so long?”
That was one of the first questions raised during the preview for the 2020 Jeep Gladiator, voiced by someone (OK … me) who used to own a Jeep Scrambler pickup — and has been anxiously awaiting the versatile vehicle’s second coming.
It’s not often that a vehicle’s redesign isn’t necessarily its headline news.